Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bullfrogs and Butterflies

Anybody remember Barry McGuire? He was one of the earliest artists in what we now know as the contemporary Christian music industry. The only two of his songs that I can remember for sure off the top of my head are Cosmic Cowboy and Bullfrogs and Butterflies. I confess to really liking both of them. What's the cool thing about bullfrogs and butterflies? They've both been born again. I love it.

I hate frogs. I love butterflies though. Those of you who live in Central Texas, have you noticed lately how many monarch butterflies are in the air? I passed three or four of them in a half mile stretch of road Sunday afternoon. Pay attention as you are driving around and you will see them flittering by, especially on days as beautiful as today.

Question: Do you know why your are seeing so many of them this month?

More important question: Have you been born again?

2 comments:

texaskris said...

why are we seeing so many this month?
Jonathan saw a big pretty butterfly and really wanted to try and catch it the other day, can't remember where we even were. Maybe church Sunday.

slothsrcool said...

they are migrating. They'll probably end up on the west coast in a few weeks.