Friday, October 10, 2008

Another question

I was browsing some articles about the campaigns and it reminded me of another question I've had for a while. Who does the politicians' jobs when they are out campaigning? You know, McCain, Biden, & Obama are all senators, Palin is a governor, and they just left their jobs to campaign for the past year. Who's running Alaska? Who's handling senatorial duties in Illinois?

And if their jobs are so easy that they can be left undone or left to subordinates for months on end, it seems to me that they are grossly over compensated for what they do. Don't you think?

4 comments:

LIFe - Matt said...

Sounds right to me...

etrout said...

Hey, I saw this internet video that showed only a handful of our government body showing up to vote on something. This handful proceeded to push the vote button on other reps desks to 'vote' for them. They were scurrying around seeing how many they could hit. It looked real and gives me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. A few dozen voted for hundreds who were probably out playing golf or whatever on our dollar. (Maybe it was Texas legislature...?)

texaskris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
slothsrcool said...

Wow! that is pathetic. Thanks for sharing that. Do you remember where you saw it?

Things get scarier all the time.