Thursday, April 17, 2008

An Old Friend

What a treat I had Tuesday (CW--not what you're thinking). In 1973 my family moved to Stafford, TX. The first night we were in our new house we met the family across the street. There were three brothers and it so happened that the middle one's birthday was that day. They invited us over to play and shared some birthday cake with us. That began a friendship that still exists. I basically grew up with those guys and have great love and respect for the whole family.

So, back to Tuesday. I got home from a church function and had a message on the answering machine. That middle brother that I mentioned above was in town for a short visit. He is now a lieutenant colonel in the US Marine Corp and one of the units he commands is in Waco. I sort of held him hostage at my house for four hours so we could visit. It was great fun though, to see an old friend. Thanks for stopping by.

Item two for today: Check out this story . Seems that a court is forbidding a football coach in East Brunswick, NJ from kneeling and bowing while his team prays. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? And I remember more than one of my coaches who actually prayed for us before and/or after games. As far as I know it didn't do any permanent damage to anyone. In my mind it surely didn't constitute the establishment of a state sponsored religion. Wow, our society gets wierder by the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.