Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Ten Blessings of Fall

As I mentioned in the previous post, summer dies really hard around here. However, it is a lot of fun to watch it fade. This is a great time of year. Here's a list of ten things that I am especially thankful for related to fall. It is not in any specific order; I'm pretty happy about all ten.

A)  The nights start to get cooler. This is nice for several reasons. For one thing, it's just plain refreshing. Also, it results in the electric bill going down a bit. Plus, it makes it possible to work in the yard or tinker in the garage early in the morning without getting all sweaty.

B)  Dove season. Yes, I think hunting is fun. That doesn't necessarily mean the killing something is fun. There is a lot more to hunting. It's a great activity. Plus, you end up with meat. How cool is that.

C)  New TV season starts. I only watch one or two shows a week at the most. But it is nice to have new episodes of the shows I like.

More later...

No comments: