Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall Blessings Continued

Back to the list of ten things about fall for which I am very thankful.

D)  Butterflies. Admit it, butterflies are cool and beautiful animals. We always have butterflies to look at around here. But, this time of year we will get an extra dose as they migrate through. Its really cool to see them floating through the air. I've seen hundreds of monarchs at a time on trees by the lake. Butterflies are fun.

E)  Pecans. I love pecans. I have many memories of my dad cracking pecans while he watched football games. My sister and I would always try to sneak one out of the bowl. Man they were good. And my mother would then use them to make things like fudge, cookies, pumpkin bread, banana muffins, etc. Yep, pecans are a good deal. I don't know how the crop will be this year due to the drought, but I'm ready to drive around and find some trees on public property that are starting to drop the first nuts of the season.

F)  Mowing, or actually lack of it. As the days cool off a little and the photo period gets shorter, the grass really slows down its growth rate. This means less and less mowing as the weeks go by. Hallelujah!

No comments: