Thursday, October 22, 2009

The great outdoors

Two camping trips in one week; its not hunting or a mountain fix, but for now it will do.

Last week I took the boys on their first camping trip. We went to Dinosaur Valley State Park on Monday and Tuesday. Dinosaur Valley is one of my favorite places for a short get away. Unfortunately, it rained just about the whole time and we didn't get to do everything I was hoping we would. But the boys handled it really well. They made the best of the situation. They did not complain. They followed instructions.

We had a fun time and I was extremely proud of them. God willing we will hopefully be able to camp together more in the future.

Then, last Saturday and Sunday I took my Sunday school class camping. The main point of the trip was to go see The Promise in Glen Rose. I thought those guys would enjoy camping so I made that part of the trip too. We camped in tents at Riverbend Retreat Center. The weather was perfect. The kids were pretty good. We had fun.

It had been a long time since I had gotten outside and it was good to spend several days in the country. If you live in the central Texas area or the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, I highly recommend Dinosaur Valley and The Promise. Check them out, you'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.