Friday, August 29, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

This morning I saw a great bumper sticker. It said, "Stop Gobal WHINING". Isn't that classic? It reminded me of this video sent to me by my fellow former Baylor Camp counselor, Ford B. It is called "Democrats on an Escalator."



Speaking of Baylor Camp. One day I was walking a young camper from the dorms to the buses and talking about what little kids talk about. At one point he said, "When I grow up I'm either gonna be a doctor or a lawyer or a camp counselor." Of course it made me laugh. And later I told my parents and they laughed. However looking back 20 years later I think he had it right. Camp counselors and others in that genre are pretty important--especially in the context of the Christian life.

When I reflect on my adult life--outside my family--I probably feel better about the time I spent as a camp counselor than anything else I've done. Well, maybe helping with Special Olympics is up there too. I don't know if its because those things were just extra fun or if they honestly made a Kingdom difference. Whatever it was they were really good.

1 comment:

LIFe - Matt said...

That video is pretty funny. Thanks for sharing!