Saturday, June 14, 2008

Updates

The mission trip went well. The teenagers did a great job and I think all the campers enjoyed the recreation. Thursday we had a 3% chance of rain, but we beat the odds. I believe that thanks to many prayers we had rain on Thursday. The area is still in a serious drought though, so please keep praying.

It is soooo nice to be back home. I was greeted by squeals of delight from the boys. Of course, five minutes later they were fighting like cats and dogs. But, hey, like the song says, it IS good to be back home again.

A major event happened while I was gone. I am sad that I was not here, but still excited. On Wednesday night at First Baptist, Jonathan made a public profession of faith in Jesus. Many people have prayed for this, even before he was born. So, thank you Jesus. Thanks to all who prayed.

I'm a skeptic by nature, so I am tempted to bug him a lot to find out if he really knows what he is doing. But ya know, Jesus said not to hinder little kids from coming to him. And like I said, many have prayed for this. Therefore, I am trusting that this is real.

He is such a sweet kid. He told our pastor, "Hey, you were there when I was born, and you were there when I was reborn. And maybe you'll be there when I get my new body!" So cute.

So, I've seen a lot of prayers answered this week. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: