Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike leaves his mark

The past week seemed really long for some reason. And then, it was topped off by Ike, the category two hurricane. Ike roared through Texas Friday night and today. It did a good bit of damage and I've heard of at least three deaths related to Ike. My parents and sister live in Houston and spent a sleepless night listening to Ike roar through. They lost electricity and water Friday night. However, there was no damage to their house and the power and water were restored in about 23 hours. Thank you Jesus.

Please pray for the millions of other people who are still without power and/or water and of course for those who lost loved ones and those who lost property.

Meanwhile back at the ranch... Ike stayed farther east then initially predicted. We had very little wind and rain. Honestly, I needed a lot more rain to help my yard out. Now I'm going to have to water this week :-( .

Jeremiah and I went to the first half of the Baylor game last night. Jeremiah is not a sports fan...oi. On the positive side Baylor won and we got to visit with Aaron B. and Paul M., two old Baylor Camp friends. I had not seen either of them in years and it was such a delight to catch up a little. That was another little blessing of the weekend.

Finally, Kris and her mom are back in Mexia packing up the big house. Its ridiculous how many man hours have gone into that task. I think I have to make one more trip over to get the remaining few heavy, bulky items. Hopefully, the closing will proceed on Friday and it will all be over.

Alrighty then, I'm really sleepy. More later...

No comments: